In the financial year 2013/14 ACRO:
- exchanged more than 61,000 convictions across the world for foreign nationals subject to criminal proceedings in the UK.
- obtained information on foreign previous criminal convictions that can help police investigating UK crimes for 1 in every 3 requests made by officers.
- actively sought conviction information for individuals extradited from the UK. This information is added to the Police National Computer and Immigration Warnings Index where appropriate to prevent return. 1,400 of these entries have been made to date.
- submitted 3,580 intelligence logs to forces regarding criminal activity including violent and sexual matters.
- checked 4,700 foreign nationals within the prison population against Interpol databases to identify more than 300 subjects wanted in other countries.