In the financial year 2015/16 ACRO:
- processed 155,399 requests from within the UK for criminal conviction information held overseas
- worked with 29 countries outside the EU to develop services
- was managing the records of 478 UK nationals and 448 foreign nationals convicted of sexual offences overseas
- issued 123,688 Police Certificates and 8,636 International Child Protection Certificates
- carried out 36,820 names enquiry checks on the PNC on behalf of authorised agencies
- added 30,455 historical offences to the PNC as a result of our back-record conversion work.