1. Proofs of your current address - You must upload TWO different proofs of address which clearly show your name and address, and one must be dated within the last six months. Valid proofs of address include bank statements, utility bills or phone bills. You can also provide letters from your doctor, dentist, school or college if they are signed and dated on company headed paper.
2. A recent passport style colour photograph - You must upload one recent passport style photograph that clearly identifies you (the applicant). This photograph will be included on your Police Certificate. Your photograph should meet the same standards required for a UK passport (approximately 45mm x 35mm). To view guidance on acceptable photographs, please click here.
3. Copies of your passport(s) / travel document / official photographic identity document - You must upload copies of your passport(s) / travel document which clearly show your photograph, personal information, expiry date, nationality, machine readable zone, extension pages and signature (if applicable). Copies of other official photographic identity documents should show as many of these features as possible.
4. Copies of any necessary legal documents e.g. Power of Attorney, authorisation document, signed letter of authority etc (if applicable).
5. Provide a valid email address
6. Provide your address history - You must provide your address history for the last 10 years, including the dates you lived at the addresses. If you have lived outside of the UK for more than 10 years you will also be asked to provide your last UK address.
7. Provide endorser details - Your application must be endorsed by a suitable individual. We require your endorser’s full name, occupation, relationship to you (e.g. friend, employer etc. but NOT family), a telephone number, and their email address as we may send your passport photograph to them as part of our check. Click here for a list of possible endorsers.
PLEASE NOTE: The documents you upload must be no more than 2MB in size and in JPG, GIF, TIF or PDF file format. Passport style colour photographs must be in JPG, GIF or TIF only. Please note that if we cannot read your documents due to low image quality then your application may be delayed.
Once you start the application you will not be able to save it and return to it later on. If you exit or you don’t move forwards or backwards for 60 minutes your data will be deleted.
We can only supply personal data to the individual to whom it relates. If you are making an application on behalf of someone else (known as a 'third party application') you will need to provide a signed letter of authorisation from the person whose data is being requested, plus proofs of identity that show the true applicant's signature. Valid proofs include a passport, driving licence or identity card. You must have scanned copies of these documents saved to your computer or device.
There are two service options available for your Police Certificate:
Payment to the Police and Crime Commissioner for Hampshire is via the Worldpay payment service using a debit or credit card. We accept the following card types:
We will notify you by email when we receive your application. A PDF copy of your application will be attached to our email. We will process your request and send your Police Certificate to the postal address shown on your application form and confirmed by your proofs of address and/or to the delivery address specified on your application. The Standard and Premium service fees include 1st class postage to a UK address or standard airmail to an overseas address. We cannot send Police Certificates by email.
If there is an issue with your application and we have to contact you for further information, your application may be delayed.
WARNING: Any person who impersonates or attempts to impersonate another may be guilty of an offence. The information supplied in connection with this application will be used for the purpose of processing this request and to ensure the accuracy of Police systems.
Tick here if you require a Police Certificate for visa or emigration purposes and can meet all of the requirements listed above.
Please Note: You will not be able to return to this page once you have started your application.
Your session is about to expire.
Please click OK to continue your session. If you do not click OK you will lose your data and you will be redirected to the application start page.